The internal version is 0.93(still).
* I have at last located the source of the error that continues to plague this project.
- Imagine a line of red balls, each dangling off a cliff from a seperate string.
_ Each ball represents a path object. The cliff represents the game which loads the path objects.
- When it comes time to retrieve a certain ball, the string attached to that ball is pulled, and the ball is reeled in.
_ In the same way, when a path is loaded, a reference obtains the path object and loads it accordingly.
- However, say that I take ball #24, and move it elsewhere, detaching the string from the ball in the process. Left behind is an empty string.
_ This is where the error comes in. The path is deleted, causing the code that loads the path to return a "not found" error.
- Now, say I place an identical ball where ball #24 USED to be, but I do not reattach it to the string.
_ The core of the problem is here. The path24 which I modified is NOT "attached" to the game.
- When ball #24 is reeled in, the new ball is not pulled up, because it is not attached to the string.
_ path24 is not "attached", therefore it cannot be loaded, and so the error is generated.
This is the source of the problem. Something is causing the game to be unable to load the modified path, despite it being under the exact same name as the original. I'm currently in the process of searching for the specific piece of code which is causing this--but so far, I am unable to find it.
IN LESS IMPORTANT NEWS
* School has started for me again. Meaning that progress will be much, much slower. Expect the delay between updates to be about a week or so. I apologize in advance.
* The final boss is nearly complete. All shall tremble before Oblivion.